School's in session, get connected
Want to get an up close picture of Need in Deed? The best way is to become a Classroom Partner. Come to the December Teacher Soiree and meet the teacher with whom we’ve paired you. Visit your class. Get involved in their NID service-learning project. Attend Shout Out -- our culminating celebration for students. See how excited the kids are to see you!
As a Classroom Partners you can participate with your class in ways that best suit your interests and availability. In addition to visiting your class and getting to know the students, Classroom Partners have:
- affirmed students’ concerns by listening to class discussions
- identified community partners, people representing organizations that can shed light on the topic students have selected as the focus for their project
- helped students collect in-kind contributions for the service aspect of the project
- provided refreshments for a class event
- participated in year-end celebration
To find out how you can be a Classroom Partner, email Barbara Dundon: .