Welcome to Need In Deed's 2013 - 2014 Recruitment Season!
For over 25 years Need in Deed has provided professional development for 3rd - 8th grade teachers in Philadelphia schools. We provide free training and support to bring service-learning and community engagement into classrooms.
Using our My Voice framework, our training includes approximately 35 hours of formal training in service-learning over the course of the school year. Teachers also meet for a 2-day retreat in the summer and have one-on-one project support throughout the year. Teachers who apply and are accepted join a network of professionals dedicated to bringing service-learning to their classroom.
We are looking for classrooms where teachers:
- believe in each student's capacity to excel
- want to incorporate student voice
- want to teach core curriculum standards in a real-world context that is meaningful and relevant to students’ lives
- want to connect the classroom to the wealth of resources, skills and knowledge available in our city to support student learning
- have strong classroom management skills
There are three ways to apply.
- If you are an administrator in a District, faith-based or charter school, use the online application.
- If you are a charter or faith-based school teacher, use the online application.
- If you are School District of Philadelphia teacher, you can use the online application OR download an application form and fax or mail it back to Need In Deed. Note: The online application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you